Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Mailand Reunion


I knew at some point Mai's name would be confusing to her. She has never said anything about it - having Grandpa, and Grandma Mailand, Great-Grandma Mailand, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins... I told her as we headed to the Mailand reunion that we were going to see a bunch of Mailands. Well, we did and we saw goats, chickens, dogs, and kittens too. The day was a lot of fun for everyone. About 3 weeks later we were talking about the fun day we had and Mai says "But I never saw any other me's". Ha, in the mind of a 3 year old she was expecting a lot of crazy little Mai's running around! Here are some pictures from the day.
Mai and Ava both LOVED the goats.

They were fed an incredible amount of leaves while we were there. If they tried to go in the barn Mai would stand at the fence and yell - "Goats! Hey, Goat!" They usually came right back out.

We did give them a few breaks while we played and found lots of other fun.

This is Lucky the baby goat. I don't think she's so "lucky" that Mai and Ava were feeding her.

This is the sign of a very good day!

We got to see chickens too and they even caught a couple for the girls to pet (or if you're Mai kiss). Those pictures are on my phone so I'll have to see what I can do.

No comments: